The Evolution and Thermodynamic Analysis of Inclusions in Gear Steel after Magnesium Treatment
- Jie Xu, Qian-Kun Yang, Juan Cheng, Zong-Ze Huang, Jin-Min An, Jian-Xun Fu
- Corresponding Author
- Jie Xu
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.86How to use a DOI?
- Magnesium Treatment, Complex Deoxidation, Free-cutting Gear Steel, Thermodynamics
- The influence of different magnesium content on the inclusions in steel was studied under the condition of the same molten steel at 1873 K. The results show that, after the magnesium treatment, the tiny MgO•Al2O3 inclusions could become the nucleus of MnS in solidification of liquid steel, which weakens the large number of MnS precipitates in grain boundaries. The change of the oxide core in the composite sulfides with the increase of magnesium content is: Al2O3 MgO•Al2O3 MgO•Al2O3+MgO MgO+MgS.This evolution mechanism can provide certain reference for the application of magnesium treatment in production practice.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jie Xu AU - Qian-Kun Yang AU - Juan Cheng AU - Zong-Ze Huang AU - Jin-Min An AU - Jian-Xun Fu PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - The Evolution and Thermodynamic Analysis of Inclusions in Gear Steel after Magnesium Treatment BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.86 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.86 ID - Xu2017/02 ER -