Numerical Simulation of Cotra Rotating Propellers
- Feng Feng, Chong Geng, Ting Guo, Qing-yuan Huang, Jian Hu
- Corresponding Author
- Feng Feng
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.92How to use a DOI?
- Contra-rotating Propeller ,Hydrodynamic Performance, CFD, Induced Velocity
- In this paper, numerical simulation based on Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes (RANS) equation and SST turbulence model is performed to investigate the hydrodynamic performance of Contra rotating propeller (CRP). The whole computation domain is divided into three sub-domains, which include the two rotating domains containing the fore and aft propellers, and the left outer domain. MRF Multiple reference frame coordinate system technique is used to simulate the rotation of the propeller. Fully structured gridding strategy is used to ensure the accuracy of the calculation and reduce computation time. The numerical simulation is verified by the experimental data of CRP6 and CRP7. Then, further analysis of the fluctuation of the thrust and torque is performed, as well as the hydrodynamic interference between the two forward and aft propellers.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Feng Feng AU - Chong Geng AU - Ting Guo AU - Qing-yuan Huang AU - Jian Hu PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - Numerical Simulation of Cotra Rotating Propellers BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.92 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.92 ID - Feng2017/02 ER -