A Comparative Study on Experiential Teaching and Lecturing Teaching in the Course of College Students' Mental Health Education
- Tianlin Chen, Zhen Li, Lan Luo, Xiaofei Xiao
- Corresponding Author
- Tianlin Chen
Available Online June 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-18.2018.204How to use a DOI?
- Mental health education curriculum of college students; Experiential teaching; Lecturing teaching; Effect; Comparison
- In this paper, “SCL-90 Symptom Checklist” and the self-compiled “questionnaire on the satisfaction of teaching effect “ were chosen, and 159 students from two classes (78 in the experimental group and 81 in the control group) are selected to explore the effect of experiential teaching and lecturing teaching in the course of college students' mental health education. What the experimental group received is experiential teaching and the control group is traditional teaching. The results of investigation show: 1. In pretest, the experimental group scored 121.84±7.23 in SCL-90, and the control group scored 122.13±6.71, there was no significant difference between the two groups (t=-1.46, p<0.01). 2. In posttest, the score of experimental group in SCL-90 was 91.87±8.56, and that of control group was 121.25±9.32, the difference between the two groups was very significant (t=-8.31, p<0.01). 3. 95.9% of students from the experimental group were satisfied with the experiential teaching, while only 42.9% of the students from the control group were satisfied with the traditional teaching, of which the gap was very large. Thus it can be achieved that in the course of college students' mental health education, the experiential teaching is more effective than lecturing teaching.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tianlin Chen AU - Zhen Li AU - Lan Luo AU - Xiaofei Xiao PY - 2018/06 DA - 2018/06 TI - A Comparative Study on Experiential Teaching and Lecturing Teaching in the Course of College Students' Mental Health Education BT - 2018 2nd International Conference on Management, Education and Social Science (ICMESS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-18.2018.204 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-18.2018.204 ID - Chen2018/06 ER -