Integration and Functionalization of Spatial Boundaries-A Case Study of Macau University of Science of Technology
- Zhaoqi Wu, Jie Tang, Yan Hui, Lei Ding
- Corresponding Author
- Zhaoqi Wu
Available Online May 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmete-19.2019.48How to use a DOI?
- Boundary; Integration; Forms; Functionalization
- As a defining element between spaces, boundary is defined by spatial extent and attributes. This paper discusses the feasibility of dealing with spatial images and background relationship by analyzing concepts, effects and forms of existing spatial boundaries and combining the relationship of graphics and background in Gestalt Psychology. Taking the campus boundary of Macao University of Science and Technology as a case, boundary extensions and functional implantations are analyzed to explore the diversity of spatial boundary forms. The case studies of marginalized spatial boundary can serve as a place where numerous information and functions converge, not just as an element of defining spaces.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhaoqi Wu AU - Jie Tang AU - Yan Hui AU - Lei Ding PY - 2019/05 DA - 2019/05 TI - Integration and Functionalization of Spatial Boundaries-A Case Study of Macau University of Science of Technology BT - 2019 International Conference on Management, Education Technology and Economics (ICMETE 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmete-19.2019.48 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmete-19.2019.48 ID - Wu2019/05 ER -