Image Fusion Algorithm based on Sparse Features and Pulse Coupled Neural Networks in Wavelet Transform Domain
- YunXiang Tian, XiaoLin Tian
- Corresponding Author
- YunXiang Tian
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.14How to use a DOI?
- Image fusion,robust principal component analysis (RPCA), pulse coupled neural networks (PCNN), wavelet transform
- Multi-focus image fusion has become an advanced research topic in image processing field. The traditionalmethods that are commonly used wavelet transform, principal component analysis (PCA),pulse coupled neural networks (PCNN), which got some results, but they are not effective enough for focused regions. In this paper, an algorithm based on sparse features and pulse coupled neural networks in wavelet transform (WT) domain has been proposed. Robust principal component analysis (RPCA) combined PCNN are applied to low frequency of the wavelet coefficients, and spatial frequency (SF) combined PCNN are applied to high frequency components.The experiment results show that the method proposed not only improve the quality of the fused image, but also preserved clarity and information, which gives better results than the other techniques used.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - YunXiang Tian AU - XiaoLin Tian PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Image Fusion Algorithm based on Sparse Features and Pulse Coupled Neural Networks in Wavelet Transform Domain BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.14 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.14 ID - Tian2015/12 ER -