A New Method of Machine Tool Thermal Error Modeling Based on the Finite Element Analysis
- Jiliang Zhang, Weiguo Gao, Dawei Zhang, Weizhan Zhang, Wenfen Chang, Yingxin Nie
- Corresponding Author
- Jiliang Zhang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.15How to use a DOI?
- Thermal error, Error model, Finite element analysis.
- In this paper, a new method was proposed to detect and model the thermal error of machine tools. This method was aimed at two mutually perpendicular direction deformation, and easily detectable deformation was used to fit the deformation in another direction. In order to verify the correctness of the method, a machine center was analyzed at different thermal conditions with finite element analysis method. Furthermore, the thermal error model of the guide rail on the column was established. The simulation results showed that a reasonable mathematical model for thermal error can be established with this method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jiliang Zhang AU - Weiguo Gao AU - Dawei Zhang AU - Weizhan Zhang AU - Wenfen Chang AU - Yingxin Nie PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - A New Method of Machine Tool Thermal Error Modeling Based on the Finite Element Analysis BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.15 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.15 ID - Zhang2015/12 ER -