Spatial Mode Demultiplexer Based on Spatial Phase Filters for Optical Communication
- Yu Zhang, LiMing Tian, Jian Qu
- Corresponding Author
- Yu Zhang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.19How to use a DOI?
- Mode division multiplexing, optical communication, mode demultiplexer, phase filter.
- In this paper, a spatial mode demultiplexer is proposed to recover modes which are weakly coupled in mode division multiplexed optical fiber communication systems. A spatial light modulator is employed to modulate the spatial phase as the kernel of the DEMUX. In the simulation, we explore the position of the observed plane, the phase patterns of the spatial phase filter and the group of the modes, which will exercise a great influence on the mode demultiplexing.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yu Zhang AU - LiMing Tian AU - Jian Qu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Spatial Mode Demultiplexer Based on Spatial Phase Filters for Optical Communication BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.19 ID - Zhang2015/12 ER -