Implementation of a Face Recognition System Based on Matlab and LabVIEW
- Tao Zhang, Yanqiu Cui, Yaning Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Tao Zhang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.74How to use a DOI?
- Implement of a Face Recognition System Based on Matlab and LabVIEW
- A face recognition system based on Matlab and LabVIEW is designed in this paper, which is implemented by mixed programming of LabVIEW and Matlab. This system is composed of image acquisition module, image preprocessing module and face recognition module. Face acquisition module is mainly consisted of several subVIs of NI vision image processing module in LabVIEW. Face image preprocessing is to normalize the face image. Face recognition adopts the eigenface method to recognize faces. By extracting low dimensional part of the face with K-L transformation feature subspace of the face is generated. In recognition, the collected image will be projected into this space, and a group of projection coefficients are obtained. Then they will be compared with every face image in training base. At last, the system will find the smallest gap and the identification is completed. The collected face image, the most similar face found in the training base and the face image number will be shown as the final result. Experiments show that the recognition system can recognize persons’ identity accurately.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tao Zhang AU - Yanqiu Cui AU - Yaning Yang PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Implementation of a Face Recognition System Based on Matlab and LabVIEW BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.74 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.74 ID - Zhang2015/12 ER -