Wide-scoped Surrounding Top-view Monitor for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
- Din-Chang Tseng, Yu-Chi Lin, Tat-Wa Chao
- Corresponding Author
- Din-Chang Tseng
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.90How to use a DOI?
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, Parking Assistance, Around View Monitor, Image Processing
- To improve the scope range of the traditional around view monitor (AVM) systems for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), we propose a wide-scoped surrounding top-view monitor (STM) system with the same equipment as the traditional AVM system. In the proposed system, four wide-view cameras are mounted on front, rear, and the both sides of the vehicle to capture sequential images; then each four images are composed into a single seamless surrounding top-view image of the vehicle with the view radius more than 30 meters. The proposed system consists of eight stages: camera calibration, vignetting effect elimination, distortion calibration, top-view transformation, image registration, brightness uniformity, color blending, and bowl model mapping. The system performance and image quality are evaluated in experiment.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Din-Chang Tseng AU - Yu-Chi Lin AU - Tat-Wa Chao PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Wide-scoped Surrounding Top-view Monitor for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.90 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.90 ID - Tseng2015/12 ER -