Numerical Simulation of Winglet to Optimization Design
- Xiaolei Liu, Limin Song, Dun Jin, Tieyu Hu, Song Li
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaolei Liu
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.116How to use a DOI?
- winglet; optimum design; numerical simulation; drag reduction
- Test flight results show that, the induced drag reduces 15% that the plane tototal resistance will decrease 6.5% and the range will increase 7.5%. At present, new research and development aircraft, such as the Boeing787 "dream" aircraft and some airliners are in operation (Airbus A330, A340, Boeing737-800ER) and so on, have adopted the winglet. The drag reduction effect of winglet has been obviously. Because the drag reduction effect of winglet are restricted by many factors, such as the inclination angle, installation angle, winglets airfoil, winglet height, alula area and root tip ratio and so on. So winglet drag reduction effect in different plane are not the same which can be seen from the domestic and foreign literature. A winglet with more ideal drag reduction effect is an actively explore the topic for the global aircraft designers in recent years. In this paper, the large number of documents and materials on home and abroad are referenced. And the winglet is designed by universal CFD numerical simulation calculation method to increase the drag reduction effect.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaolei Liu AU - Limin Song AU - Dun Jin AU - Tieyu Hu AU - Song Li PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Numerical Simulation of Winglet to Optimization Design BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.116 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.116 ID - Liu2015/12 ER -