Factors Influencing Entrepreneurial Intention (Study on 2018 New Entrepreneur Program Participants in West Java Province)
- Yudi Satriadi, Herman Surdiatno Soegoto
- Corresponding Author
- Yudi Satriadi
Available Online 13 January 2020.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.200108.005How to use a DOI?
- Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurial Intention, New Entrepreneur Programs
- This study aims to investigate the factors influencing entrepreneurial intention on participants of the new entrepreneur program, which is a program from the Government of West Java Province to create new entrepreneurs. There were 105 participants in the New Entrepreneur Program involved as the research respondents. This was obtained using accidental sampling technique Factors analyzed were the factors of socio-demography and attitudes. The result of the Mann Whitney Test on the factor of socio-demography is gender, parent’s occupation, education background, and being entrepreneurs before participating in a new entrepreneur program, obtained a bigger P-value than alpha value. The factor of attitude, the result of simulant hypothesis, show that variable of economic opportunity and challenge, self-realization and participation, and variable of perceived confidence have sig value that less than (α). Whereas variables of autonomy and authority, security and workload, avoid responsibility, social environment, and career obtained sig value that more than (α). Based on the result, the study concluded that the factor of demography did not influence the entrepreneurial intention of new entrepreneur program participants. Regarding the factor of attitude, it is concluded that there is an influence on it. They are economic opportunity and challenge, self-realization, and participation, as well as perceived confidence significantly influenced partially towards entrepreneurial intention on participants of the new entrepreneur program (New Entrepreneur).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yudi Satriadi AU - Herman Surdiatno Soegoto PY - 2020 DA - 2020/01/13 TI - Factors Influencing Entrepreneurial Intention (Study on 2018 New Entrepreneur Program Participants in West Java Province) BT - International Conference on Business, Economic, Social Science, and Humanities – Economics, Business and Management Track (ICOBEST-EBM 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 12 EP - 17 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.200108.005 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.200108.005 ID - Satriadi2020 ER -