Formulation of Business Strategy and Implication on Marketing Strategy in Janji Laut Resort, Manado
- Yuke Luviana, Dedi Sulistiyo Soegoto
- Corresponding Author
- Yuke Luviana
Available Online 13 January 2020.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.200108.040How to use a DOI?
- Internal and External Environment, Internal External Matrix, Business Strategy
- The tourism sector is one of the largest sources of income for the country. This is not apart from the support of the hospitality industry that becomes supporting means to meet the needs of tourists. This research aims to determine which variables are the sources of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, as well as to find out their business position on the IE matrix. Janji Laut Resort Manado is a three-star resort that provides services in the form of lodging with adequate facilities that have the potential to continue to thrive. Nevertheless, there is an increase in the number of tourists who come to Manado city and it is unbalanced with the number of guests staying in the Janji Laut Resort Manado. This suggests that the company needs to review the strategies used in dealing with a continually changing business environment, especially internal and external factors within a company. The need to analyze factors that become the source of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats faced by the company so that the right strategy could be formulated, which can be used in achieving the objectives of the company. The study used descriptive design with data analysis techniques using internal-external matrices, which are analytical tools to determine the company’s strategy and position.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yuke Luviana AU - Dedi Sulistiyo Soegoto PY - 2020 DA - 2020/01/13 TI - Formulation of Business Strategy and Implication on Marketing Strategy in Janji Laut Resort, Manado BT - International Conference on Business, Economic, Social Science, and Humanities – Economics, Business and Management Track (ICOBEST-EBM 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 168 EP - 176 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.200108.040 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.200108.040 ID - Luviana2020 ER -