Developing Comics-Based Social Sciences-History Teaching Materials
- Musnar Indra daulay, Azwar Ananda, Syafri Anwar, Siti Fatimah
- Corresponding Author
- Musnar Indra daulay
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.19How to use a DOI?
- teaching material, comics, social sciences-history
- The purpose of this study was to describe the process and the results of the development of comic teaching materials on the Social Science-History subjects for the seventh-grade junior high school students in the City of Pekanbaru. The development of this comic teaching material uses research and development methods with the stages of literature study, needs analysis, product development, and product testing. The quality of teaching materials according to teaching materials experts with categories both from comic display design, comic typography, comic content design, language, material, plot and summary with an average percentage of 80.22%. The quality of the media according to experts is good in terms of content, language, and presentation feasibilities with the average percentage of 89.55%. The quality of the media according to the teacher and students is in very good category with the average percentage of 82.66% and 86%. The results showed that the comics-based IPS-History teaching materials were able to significantly improve the ability of the seventh-grade junior high school students towards the selected themes of the pre-history themes; Hindu-Buddhist and Islamic periods
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Musnar Indra daulay AU - Azwar Ananda AU - Syafri Anwar AU - Siti Fatimah PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Developing Comics-Based Social Sciences-History Teaching Materials BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.19 ID - Indradaulay2019/01 ER -