Design of Vertical Portal Indigenous Knowledge for Minangkabau Cultural Learning
- Dian Hasfera, Z. Mawardi Effendi, Jasrial Jasrial
- Corresponding Author
- Dian Hasfera
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.20How to use a DOI?
- Vertical Portal, Indigenous Knowledge, Minangkabau Cultural Learning, Information Repackaging
- As a cultural treasure of the local community most of Indigenous Knowledge (IK) is a knowledge that is still in the form of oral. In Indonesia, especially West Sumatra, in practice, the transfer of IK is derived from the previous generation to the next generation orally and rarely (almost not) documented. This will impact the loss of IK from people's lives if those who control the IK are gone. The lack of information sources and learning media related to the culture in West Sumatra became one of the causes of the young generation's interest in learning to learn about Minangkabau culture. In order for Minangkabau culture to be accessed and traced easily by the community, it is necessary a container that can accommodate those interests through various media information and can be accessed anytime and anywhere, that is in the form of vertical portal. This paper uses descriptive method by analyzing the phenomena that occur in the field. Data, concepts, discussion and evaluation are conducted by examining various sources of reading and reference. In addition, literature studies are also conducted to strengthen the analysis and formulation of concepts. The draft concept is expected to produce a VORTAL product with a corporate portal category that can serve as one of the effective learning resources for the young generation in the digital era. Products designed with this concept in its development in the form of software (vertical portal) that can be accessed with internet facility
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dian Hasfera AU - Z. Mawardi Effendi AU - Jasrial Jasrial PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Design of Vertical Portal Indigenous Knowledge for Minangkabau Cultural Learning BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.20 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.20 ID - Hasfera2019/01 ER -