Development of Mathematics Teaching Materials Based on Realistic Mathematics Education and Literacy in Junior High School
- Rusdi Rusdi, Ahmad Fauzan, I Made Arnawa, Lufri Lufri
- Corresponding Author
- Rusdi Rusdi
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.28How to use a DOI?
- teaching materials, realistic mathematical education, mathematics literacy
- the backround of the research was low mathematics literacy of ninth grade students at SMPN 1 Bukittinggi. It was proved by result of Mathematics literacy tests. The result showed 36.24% of questions could be answered by the students correctly, with an average score 31.87. It stated that the mathematics literacy junior high school students in Bukittinggi is also low. It was caused by many factors, such as the teaching materials used in schools did not support students' mathematical literacy achievement yet. This study is aimed to develop validity, practicality and affectivity of mathematics teaching materials based on Realistic Mathematics Education and Literacy to improve students' mathematical literacy. This research focuses on preliminary research in the development of mathematics teaching materials based on Realistic Mathematics Education. The research was design research that proposed by Plomp which consisted of three stages, preliminary research phase, prototype or development phase, and summative evaluation phase
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rusdi Rusdi AU - Ahmad Fauzan AU - I Made Arnawa AU - Lufri Lufri PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Development of Mathematics Teaching Materials Based on Realistic Mathematics Education and Literacy in Junior High School BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.28 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.28 ID - Rusdi2019/01 ER -