Using Read Cover Remember Retell (RCRR)in Teaching Reading Comprehension
- Dahler Dahler, Ridho Joni Putra, M. Zaim, Ahmad Fauzan
- Corresponding Author
- Dahler Dahler
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.48How to use a DOI?
- Reading Comprehension, Read Cover Remember Retell(RCRR) Strategy, and Recount text.
- Based on English syllabus curriculum 2013, the students at second grade of SMPN 16 Pekanbaru should be able to have reading comprehension on recount text. In this research, the researcher used Read Cover Remember Retell (RCRR) to teaching reading comprehension recount text at the second grade of SMPN 16 Pekanbaru. This research aimed to find out the differences between the students taught by Read Cover Remember Retell (RCRR) strategy and the students taught without using Read Cover Remember Retell (RCRR) strategy in terms of reading comprehension recount text. The method of this research was quasi-experimental research. The population was the second-grade students of SMPN 16 Pekanbaru which amounted 240 students. The sample of this research was VIII 2 (40 students) as an experimental class and class VIII 1 (42 students) as the control class. The technique of collecting data was test. The technique of analyzing data use T-test, U-Mann Whitney and N-gain. After conducting this research, it was found that the result of n-gain average score of experimental class (0.526) was higher than N-gain average score of control class (0.335). It meant that improvement of experimental class better than control class. In conclusion, there is positive effect of using Read Cover Remember Retell (RCRR) strategy on students reading comprehension of recount text at the second grade of SMPN 16 Pekanbaru
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dahler Dahler AU - Ridho Joni Putra AU - M. Zaim AU - Ahmad Fauzan PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Using Read Cover Remember Retell (RCRR)in Teaching Reading Comprehension BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.48 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.48 ID - Dahler2019/01 ER -