The Development of English Reading Materials Integrating Character Values Based on Scientific Approach
- Gusmaizal Syandri, Jasrial Jasrial, Elisna Elisna, Abizar Abizar
- Corresponding Author
- Gusmaizal Syandri
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.97How to use a DOI?
- English Reading Materials; Character Values; Scientific Approach
- The background of this research was curriculum policy on the essence of integrating character values into instruction, teacher’s difficulties in character education, and the results of previous research in instructional materials in using character values on receiving and responding stages. There is still lack of varieties of instructional materials applied in English instruction. The purpose of the studies was to develop reading materials integrating character values on English subject matter which were valid, practical, and effective. This developmental research used ADDIE procedures consisting of five stages; analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation. The data were analyzed by using qualitative and quantitative approach. The results showed that; (1) the reading materials developed were very valid, in terms of content, constructs, and language. (2) the reading materials developed were very practically used by teachers and learners as well, (3) the reading materials developed were effective in improving the learners activity and achievement. Besides, they are also effective in implanting the character values: honest, disciplinary, cooperative, hard-working, responsible, and caring
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Gusmaizal Syandri AU - Jasrial Jasrial AU - Elisna Elisna AU - Abizar Abizar PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - The Development of English Reading Materials Integrating Character Values Based on Scientific Approach BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.97 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.97 ID - Syandri2019/01 ER -