Need Analysis in Designing Digital System English Book for English Instructional Class
- Difiani Apriyanti, Syahrul Ramadhan, Hermawati Syarif, Witri Handayani, Syofiani
- Corresponding Author
- Difiani Apriyanti
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.126How to use a DOI?
- English Instructional Class, System English Book, Digital, Industrial Engineering
- English Instructional Class which is known as Kelas Berbahasa Inggris (KBI) has been established in several higher institutions all around Indonesia. The aim is to prepare students to be able to compete in international level. Industrial Engineering of Universitas Andalas located in Padang of West Sumatra has operated KBI until now. The licenses to be KBI teachers in this department are getting their degree from English speaking country, passing micro teaching in English for Specific Purpose (ESP) training, and developing teaching subject module. Meanwhile, students who enroll in KBI class are filtered only based on their willingness. During learning process, the students are in English zone. Listen the lectures in English, having presentation in English, writing tasks in English, especially writing internship report and final project-must be faced and done by the students. There isn’t any facilitation for supporting students’ acquiring their English. Therefore, being in this class can be frustrating for the students who have lack capability in English. The English book for KBI is created digitally in order to help students in their writing tasks and in the same time facilitate the teachers to teach using the book and CLIL method
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Difiani Apriyanti AU - Syahrul Ramadhan AU - Hermawati Syarif AU - Witri Handayani AU - Syofiani PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Need Analysis in Designing Digital System English Book for English Instructional Class BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.126 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.126 ID - Apriyanti2019/01 ER -