The Multicultural Values in Habiburrahman El Shirazy’s Novels
- Diki Atmarizon, Novita Efendi
- Corresponding Author
- Diki Atmarizon
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.134How to use a DOI?
- multicultural values, Habiburrahman El Shirazy, novels
- This research was inspired by the less public’s awareness to the multicultural values in the life of the state and nation. The research aimed to describe the multicultural values in the novels by Habiburrahman El Shirazy. Type of the research was qualitative by using descriptive analysis method. The findings of the research showed that the Habiburrahman El Shirazy’s novels especially entitled Ayat-ayat Cinta and Bumi Cinta were found the multicultural values. The values were based on the Tilaar’s theory. Those values were learning the diversity of life (tolerance), nurturing the mutual trust, preserving mutual respect, opening mind, having appreciation and interdependence. The multicultural values can be applied in the field of education. By learning of those values, the teacher and learners are expected to be able to live together in diversity, implement the democratic learning in the classroom, and instill cultural intelligence
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Diki Atmarizon AU - Novita Efendi PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - The Multicultural Values in Habiburrahman El Shirazy’s Novels BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.134 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.134 ID - Atmarizon2019/01 ER -