Character Work Group Model in Competence Training of Middle School Supervisors
- Sadrianto, Rusdinal, Azwar Ananda, Sufyarma Marsidin
- Corresponding Author
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.135How to use a DOI?
- Supervisors’ Competence, Character Work Group Model, ADDIE Model, Purposive Sampling
- This research is based on unsatisfied result of competence test taken by middle school supervisors in Pesisir Selatan Regency. The competence has not yet achieved School Supervisor Standard stated in Permendiknas No. 12, 2007. Therefore, further training through MKPS activity is needed in order to improve supervisors’ competence. This research was aimed to find out the description of supervisors’ competence and to describe stages development to construct character work group model. This is Research and Development Study which used ADDIE model. The population of this research was 24 middle school supervisors in Pesisir Selatan. 20 of them were chosen as research sample by using purposive sampling technique. The sample was tested in order to find out the effect of supervisors’ competence training in MKPS. The research instruments were observation sheets, questionnaire, and interview. The data were analyzed qualitatively and quantitatively. The result of the research revealed that need analysis of supervisors’ competence on educational evaluation, research and development, academic supervision and managerial indicator was still low. Therefore, character work group model in MKPS activity was highly needed. Based on effectiveness testing, the average score obtained before using character work group model was 69,61. Meanwhile, after using character work group model, the average score obtained through paired sample t-test was 86,36. In its implementation, an experiment was conducted by comparing conventional model and character work group model. The average score obtained by using independent sample t-test was 93,21. Hence, it can be concluded that supervisors’ competence can be improved in MKPS activity by using character work group model
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sadrianto AU - Rusdinal AU - Azwar Ananda AU - Sufyarma Marsidin PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Character Work Group Model in Competence Training of Middle School Supervisors BT - 1st International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICoIE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.135 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoie-18.2019.135 ID - Sadrianto2019/01 ER -