Face Recognition Using Local Binary Pattern (LBP) and Local Enhancement (LE) Methods At Night Period
- Abdurrahman Fi Zhilali'l, Muhammad Nasrun, Casi Setianingsih
- Corresponding Author
- Abdurrahman Fi Zhilali'l
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.19How to use a DOI?
- face recognition; local binary pattern; local enhancement; night period.
- Face recognition is a technique that is widely used in the field of identification of a person or in the field of security. This technique basically determine the similarity on each face of a person who will be identified with the face already stored in a storage (database). In this paper the facial recognition technique to be used is an approach technique for facial features based on the Local Binary Pattern (LBP) method with lighting focused on the night time. In essence LBP method will change the face traits into the form of a binary obtained from the thresholding result with around pixels or commonly called neighbors pixel. The binary result will be arranged in a clockwise direction, resulting in a binary code composition. After applying the binary code, this binary code will be converted into a histogram. Facial recognition in poor conditions or at night time, gives results less than the maximum, so the accuracy is also less than optimal. To improve accuracy, LBP is merged with Local Enhancement process. This merging process will be performed on the face image with less lighting at night period.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Abdurrahman Fi Zhilali'l AU - Muhammad Nasrun AU - Casi Setianingsih PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - Face Recognition Using Local Binary Pattern (LBP) and Local Enhancement (LE) Methods At Night Period BT - 2018 International Conference on Industrial Enterprise and System Engineering (ICoIESE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2589-4943 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.19 ID - Zhilali'l2019/03 ER -