On the Relationship of Travel Time and Energy Efficiency of Industrial Robots
- Kai Eggers, Zygimantas Ziaukas, Jens Kotlarski, Tobias Ortmaier
- Corresponding Author
- Kai Eggers
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.21How to use a DOI?
- Industrial Robotic; Energy Efficiency; Efficient Trajectory Planning; Travel Time
- This paper presents an approach to quantify the energy saving potential with regard to travel time of industrial robot motions. In order to minimize the influence of the exemplary considered trajectories and, thus, provide general results, the evaluation is done on a large set of automatically generated point-to-point motions on a KUKA KR 210 serial robot. For this purpose, an energy model specifically tailored to industrial robots is introduced, along with an algorithm for automatic generation of appropriate evaluation trajectories. It is shown that the power consumption model requires an accurate inverse dynamics and friction model, while simplified models of motors and invertes yield sufficient results.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kai Eggers AU - Zygimantas Ziaukas AU - Jens Kotlarski AU - Tobias Ortmaier PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - On the Relationship of Travel Time and Energy Efficiency of Industrial Robots BT - 2018 International Conference on Industrial Enterprise and System Engineering (ICoIESE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2589-4943 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.21 ID - Eggers2019/03 ER -