Inventory Control Policy for Farm-Out Parts at Cold Section Module CT 7 Engine with Periodic Review (R, s, S) and (R, S) to Minimize Total Inventory Cost
- Pratya Poeri Suryadhini, Ayulia Fitriane Setiawan, Widia Juliani
- Corresponding Author
- Pratya Poeri Suryadhini
Available Online March 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.30How to use a DOI?
- inventory planning; periodic review; ADI-CV analysis; ABC analysis
- This paper proposes a policy for parts at maintenance service industry, which is the number of parts not as many as manufacture industry but it may involve in late deliveries. The importance of inventory also occurs in maintenance service industry of aircraft engines and industrial machines such PT. XYZ. The problem encountered one of the engines that have the highest delay handled by this company is a CT7 engine with a contribution of 68 percent of the total engine received. Delivery delay due to repair process stalled caused by unavailability or lack of farm out part in the stock room. ADI-CV analysis and ABC analysis used to determine the demand characteristic and demand classification. Periodic review approach used to determine review interval, reorder point and maximum inventory level. Review interval for farm out parts of the periodic review (R, s, S) and (R, S) is every three months. Reorder point for item A is two units and for item B and C is one unit. Total inventory cost decreased by 61 percent from current condition.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Pratya Poeri Suryadhini AU - Ayulia Fitriane Setiawan AU - Widia Juliani PY - 2019/03 DA - 2019/03 TI - Inventory Control Policy for Farm-Out Parts at Cold Section Module CT 7 Engine with Periodic Review (R, s, S) and (R, S) to Minimize Total Inventory Cost BT - 2018 International Conference on Industrial Enterprise and System Engineering (ICoIESE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2589-4943 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.30 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icoiese-18.2019.30 ID - Suryadhini2019/03 ER -