The Impact of The Upsus National Program to The Price Risk of Red Chili in Indonesia
- Mr Suherman, Ratna Mega Sari, Rahmah Farahdita Soeyatno
- Corresponding Author
- Mr Suherman
Available Online August 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.15How to use a DOI?
- Price risk, Red chili, ARCH GARCH
- Agricultural prices vary because production and consumption are variable (Gilbert and Morgan, 2010). Red Chili is one of the commodity that has high economic which is very volatile. Volatility refers to volatility refers to variations in economic variables over time (Policy Report, 2011). The National Upsus Program is one of the agricultural ministry programs to increase the production of some main commodities by assisting local farmers in developing irrigation systems, providing transportation access and distributing materials such as seed, fertilizers and pesticides. Red chili was one of the commodities which were selected to be developed by the National Upsus Program in 2015. This study aims to determine and compare the volatility value of the price of red chili and to analyze the impact of The National UPSUS Program in tackling of Price Risk of Red Chili. The results show that the volatility of red chili price before The National Upsus policy has ARCH (1) models. It indicates that the price of red chili is affected by the volatility of the day before. The National Upsus Program in 2015 is effective in making prices more stable. This is indicated by the value of the price of red chili which is below three so there is no heteroscedasticity. Thus the National Upsus Program is able to overcome the price risk.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mr Suherman AU - Ratna Mega Sari AU - Rahmah Farahdita Soeyatno PY - 2017/08 DA - 2017/08 TI - The Impact of The Upsus National Program to The Price Risk of Red Chili in Indonesia BT - International Conference on Science and Technology (ICOSAT 2017) - Promoting Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security, Energy, and Environment Through Science and Technology for Development PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.15 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.15 ID - Suherman2017/08 ER -