Preferences Analysis of Engineering Students on Choosing Learning Media using Support Vector Machine (SVM) Model
- Aisyah Larasati, Apif Miftahul Hajji, Anik Nur Handayani
- Corresponding Author
- Aisyah Larasati
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.15How to use a DOI?
- Preferences Analysis; Engineering Students; Learning Media, Artificial Neural Network
- This research aims to perform preferences analysis of engineering students on choosing learning media using Support Vector Machine (SVM) model. Data is collected using questionnaire. The questionnaire consists of four items related to students profile and 17 items related to students preferences on learning media. Respondents are students in Faculty of Engineering. The total number of usable respons are 1,911. Data were analyzed using Support Vector Machine Model and resulted in the accuracy of 98.48%. The results show that factors behind learning media choice and the using pattern of e-book as learning media are the most influence variables that affect engineering students preferences on choosing learning media.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Aisyah Larasati AU - Apif Miftahul Hajji AU - Anik Nur Handayani PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Preferences Analysis of Engineering Students on Choosing Learning Media using Support Vector Machine (SVM) Model BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.15 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.15 ID - Larasati2019/01 ER -