Proportion of Examinations and Assignments for Assessment in the Department of Civil Engineering, State University of Malang, Indonesia
- Sutrisno Sutrisno, Antelas Eka Winahyo, Eko Suwarno, Sugiyanto Sugiyanto
- Corresponding Author
- Sutrisno Sutrisno
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.46How to use a DOI?
- assessment, examination, assignment
- This research aimed to describe the proportion of examinations and assignments for assessment in the Department of Civil Engineering. The study was descriptive ex-post facto research. The research samples consisted of 36 lecturers in charge of constructing exam questions and assignments for theory courses in the Department of Civil Engineering. Data were collected through questionnaire and then analysed using descriptive statistics. Results showed that, first, the proportion of test questions applied for assessment was considered good since the assessment procedures involved open-book examinations composed of essay questions. Second, the proportion of individual assignments was relatively good, but that of group assignments was too small. Third, the proportion of examinations to assignments was good, but that of assignments in the form of class presentations was quite small.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sutrisno Sutrisno AU - Antelas Eka Winahyo AU - Eko Suwarno AU - Sugiyanto Sugiyanto PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Proportion of Examinations and Assignments for Assessment in the Department of Civil Engineering, State University of Malang, Indonesia BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.46 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.46 ID - Sutrisno2019/01 ER -