The Application of a Star (A*) Algorithm on the Android-Based Pacman Adaptation Educational Game as a Learning Media for SMK
- Ahfaz Bactiar Febliama, Nimas Dian Fitria, Anik Nur Handayani
- Corresponding Author
- Ahfaz Bactiar Febliama
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.51How to use a DOI?
- A* algorithm, artificial intelligence, game, Pac-man, learning media.
- Playing game constitutes an activity which stimulates children to achieve integrated development, in physical, intellectual, social, moral, and emotional terms. Referring to the definition, it can be concluded that game is a medium which can be used as a stimuli to child development. Numerous types and genres of games were created, one of which is labyrinth game or so-called Pac-man. This game is played by requiring the played to eat all points without running into the enemy. It is aimed that the implementation of the game assists the learning activity of vocational high school (SMK) students by the addition of learning materials within that the game becomes a learning medium. The modified version of the game requires AI (Artificial Intelligence) as well as A* (A-star) algorithm in the development process. The algorithm functions to determine the shortest track with minimum cost by summing the actual distant with the estimated distance, so the minimum cost is obtained. The Artificial Intelligence (AI) is applied to the enemy, so the player faces obstacles in order to achieve the objective of the game.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ahfaz Bactiar Febliama AU - Nimas Dian Fitria AU - Anik Nur Handayani PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - The Application of a Star (A*) Algorithm on the Android-Based Pacman Adaptation Educational Game as a Learning Media for SMK BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.51 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.51 ID - Febliama2019/01 ER -