Density of States of Twisted Bilayer Graphene at Low Energy
- Muhammad Nasruddin Manaf, Iman Santoso, Arief Hermanto
- Corresponding Author
- Muhammad Nasruddin Manaf
Available Online October 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.5How to use a DOI?
- Density of States, Twisted Bilayer Graphene, Low Energy.
- We report the calculation of the Density of States (DOS) in Twisted Bilayer Graphene (TBG) system for low energy range near Fermi level using commensurate rotation of 1.160, 1.790 and 3.480. We obtain a logarithmic behaviour of DOS showing that van Hove Singularities (VHS) are occurred in this system and its position depends on twisted angle. This behaviour coming from the saddle points (SP) of band dispersion of TBG. The position of VHS will move away from Fermi level along with the increase of twisted angle. This result can be used to calculate others physical quantities such as optical conductivity or critical temperature of superconductivity that may occur in TBG.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Muhammad Nasruddin Manaf AU - Iman Santoso AU - Arief Hermanto PY - 2014/10 DA - 2014/10 TI - Density of States of Twisted Bilayer Graphene at Low Energy BT - International Conference on Physics 2014 (ICP-14) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.5 ID - Manaf2014/10 ER -