Optical Rectification Effect on Chiral Metamaterials
- Juliasih Partini, Kamsul Abraha, Arief Hermanto, Satoshi Tomita, Matsui Takahiro
- Corresponding Author
- Juliasih Partini
Available Online October 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.6How to use a DOI?
- Optical Rectification, Chiral Metamaterials, terahertz signal.
- Emission of terahertz (THz) radiation as a result of optical rectification of intense femtosecond laser pulses on chiral metamaterials has been observed. The chiral metamamaterials has simplified fabrication design but still capable to exhibit different refractive index for each circular polarization. Nonlinear response of metamaterials was observed by terahertz emission spectroscopy. The result plot clearly shows that the terahertz signal is sufficiently fit with a square of laser power. The phenomenon can be referred as optical rectification and can be exploited for the development of new THz sources.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Juliasih Partini AU - Kamsul Abraha AU - Arief Hermanto AU - Satoshi Tomita AU - Matsui Takahiro PY - 2014/10 DA - 2014/10 TI - Optical Rectification Effect on Chiral Metamaterials BT - International Conference on Physics 2014 (ICP-14) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icp-14.2014.6 ID - Partini2014/10 ER -