Analysis Trends Of Flipped Classroom Research In Education
- Mahmud Mustafa, Ummiati Rahmah, Hasdar Hanafi, Nina Ikhwati Wahidah
- Corresponding Author
- Mahmud Mustafa
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.2How to use a DOI?
- Flipped Classroom, Trend, Research, Education
- The current learning system requires education to change the learning approach that is centered on educators into a learner-centered learning approach. One of the students-oriented approaches is Flipped classroom. Flipped classroom is a new pedagogical approach in which students develop a basic understanding of subject matter before class, and use time in class for student-centered activities, such as group discussions and presentations. This article aims to analyze the implementation of Flipped class in promoting learning based on the latest articles that report the practice of Flipped classroom lessons from 2015-2018. The methodology in this study is descriptive qualitative, using the method of collecting documents. The results of the analysis of this study show that flipped classroom has a positive impact on student learning activities such as achievement, motivation, involvement, and interaction. The practice of Flipped classroom helps students to develop skills in problem solving, creative thinking and teamwork. Several problems in this discussion have implications that can be considered for future research. Some of the challenges found in implementing Flipped classroom are needed to be handled by researchers in the future, such as the compatibility of classrooms that are reversed. This study also has implications for the government or policy makers to determine Flipped class as an approach that will be applied in teaching and learning activities for different levels of education.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mahmud Mustafa AU - Ummiati Rahmah AU - Hasdar Hanafi AU - Nina Ikhwati Wahidah PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - Analysis Trends Of Flipped Classroom Research In Education BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.2 ID - Mustafa2019/02 ER -