Effect Of Science Technology- Society Approaches To The Science Process Skills Elementary School Students
- Nurul Iman Nurahmanl, Siti Mualimahl, Regina Lichteria, Dadan Djuanda
- Corresponding Author
- Nurul Iman Nurahmanl
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.5How to use a DOI?
- STS Approaches, Science Process Skills, Learning Approaches, Learning Outcomes
- The first observation at some schools indicated learning process of Natural Sciences just concept-oriented without observation or applied on the real nature. That was cause students Science process skills did not increased. This study aims to find out effect of Science-Technology-Society (STS) Approaches to the science process skills. This study used pretest-posttest control group design was conducted at Putat Elementary School involved 74 students 5th grade which was divided into two groups. The first group was experiment class (VB) and the second was control class (VA). The results with calculation the difference of two mean used confidence level 95% show average score of Science process skills between experiment class and control class has different. Experiment class with STS approaches learning indicated better enhancement to Science process skills compared control class with conventional learning. The STS approaches was implemented in one week at water cycle learning. Study instrument used science process skills test, learning outcomes test, and observation classes. The results show that STS approaches could improving students Science process skills and making students more exciting on Natural Sciences learning.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nurul Iman Nurahmanl AU - Siti Mualimahl AU - Regina Lichteria AU - Dadan Djuanda PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - Effect Of Science Technology- Society Approaches To The Science Process Skills Elementary School Students BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.5 ID - Nurahmanl2019/02 ER -