Community Technology Science Approach To Improve Results Of Science Learning In Elementary School
- Roos M.S Tuerah, Philotheus E. Tuera
- Corresponding Author
- Roos M.S Tuerah
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.4How to use a DOI?
- Community Technology Science Approach, Elementary School
- This study aims to improve the learning outcomes of science using the Community Technology Science approach. Preliminary data show the results of fourth grade science learning at SD GMIM I Tomohon have not yet achieved the expected learning goals, because students tend to be passive and lack enthusiasm in learning. The research method uses Classroom Action Research (CAR) which consists of 4 stages, namely: 1) Planning, 2) Implementation, 3) Observation 4) reflection. Data collection techniques through evaluation (test), observation and interviews, and actions carried out in 2 cycles. The results showed that in the first cycle the average student learning outcomes were 74.16%, while in the second cycle there was an increase in learning outcomes in the second cycle reaching 83.33%. The use of the Science Technology Society (STM) approach to science learning is able to activate and motivate elementary school students in learning science, because what they learn can be directly practiced and beneficial directly in everyday life.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Roos M.S Tuerah AU - Philotheus E. Tuera PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - Community Technology Science Approach To Improve Results Of Science Learning In Elementary School BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.4 ID - Tuerah2019/02 ER -