The Culture Of Parenting Indonesian Tribes In The Habituation Of Children's Character
- Gunarti Dwi Lestari, Kartika Rinakit Adhe, Muchamad Arif Al Ardha
- Corresponding Author
- Gunarti Dwi Lestari
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.16How to use a DOI?
- Parenting Culture, Character
- Indonesia is a rich country, both in natural and cultural resources. Indonesia has many ethnic groups. One of the ethnic groups in Indonesia is the Samin society in Bojonegoro. The purpose of this study is to describe the pattern of parenting applied by the Samin society. The second objective of this study is to describe the way Samin society maintains the culture. The third shapes to explain character in children from childhood. This study uses a research approach with qualitative ethnographic methods. The type of data analysis technique used in this study is Spradley. The stages of this study are first descriptive observation, second dynamic analysis, three focused observations, four taxonomic analyzes, the five theme analysis Findings in this study are 1) Samin society has democratic parenting upbringing that upholds local cultural values, 2) Samin society educating children not only with care provided by parents but also the surrounding environment that supports the formation of children's character, 3) prominent character in the Samin society is honest and responsible.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Gunarti Dwi Lestari AU - Kartika Rinakit Adhe AU - Muchamad Arif Al Ardha PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - The Culture Of Parenting Indonesian Tribes In The Habituation Of Children's Character BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.16 ID - Lestari2019/02 ER -