Investigating Initial Competencies Of Primary School Teachers In The Principal Preparation Program
- Ratna Juwita, Siswandari, Sutamo, Wiranto
- Corresponding Author
- Ratna Juwita
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.21How to use a DOI?
- Primary School Teacher, Principal Competencies, Principal Preparation Program
- This descriptive study aims to investigate primary teachers competencies before joining principal preparation program (PPP). Every teacher nominated as school principal has to join the PPP to prepare them selves in personal, managerial, supervision, entrepreneurial, and social roles. Those five competencies are required to be possessed by school principal in Indonesia. A sample size of 432 teachers in East Java, Central Java, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta, And West Java, was simply selected randomly by proportional sampling. Data were collected through questionnaires and interviews. Descriptive statistics were employed to analyze the data. The analysis results show that, personal competence of primary teacher is in good category (3.36), managerial in fair category (2.57), entrepreneurial in fair category (2.60), supervision in fair category (2.58), and social in fair category (2.90). The implication of developing the two lowest competencies are managerial and supervision are discussed
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ratna Juwita AU - Siswandari AU - Sutamo AU - Wiranto PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - Investigating Initial Competencies Of Primary School Teachers In The Principal Preparation Program BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.21 ID - Juwita2019/02 ER -