Transformation Leadership of Headmaster to Improving Teacher Learning Performance in SMP Islam Al-Azhar Makassar City
- Ansar, Kartini Marzuki, Ismail Tolla
- Corresponding Author
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.20How to use a DOI?
- Transformational Leadership, Learning Performance, Interpersonal Communication
- The general objective of this study is to reveal the extent to which transformational leadership is implemented in SMP Islam Al-Azhar in Makassar City. This leadership model is a type of leadership that many education experts recommend in improving teacher performance in achieving school goals. This research is a qualitative research that examines in depth how transformational leadership is applied, teacher performance in learning and how interactions are built by the principal as a leader. Informants in this study were principals, teachers. To test the validity of the data, triangulation techniques are used. The results of the study indicate that principals have applied transformational leadership in carrying out their leadership. In the dimension of inspirational motivation in the eyes of the teacher has managed to direct the teacher to the achievement of goals. Teacher learning performance in aspects of planning and implementation includes good categories, and implementation is monitored continuously from the principal, but the assessment aspect is more universal so that teacher performance is not monitored objectively. Principal interactions are built through interpersonal communication.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ansar AU - Kartini Marzuki AU - Ismail Tolla PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - Transformation Leadership of Headmaster to Improving Teacher Learning Performance in SMP Islam Al-Azhar Makassar City BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.20 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.20 ID - Ansar2019/02 ER -