Tegalan Decorative Diversification and The Symbolic Meaning In The Millennial Era
- Moh. Fathurohman, Suhardi, Noto Suharto
- Corresponding Author
- Moh. Fathurohman
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.29How to use a DOI?
- Diversification, Decorative, Tegalan
- This study aims to describe the types and forms of development of decorative fields in the millennial era as a representation of current developments. This research is a qualitative research with a descriptive method or approach. Data collection techniques used was observation, interviews and documentation. While the data analysis used is descriptive analysis of miles and Huberman models, to describe and describe the form of development of decorative fields from various aspects and symbolic meanings. Based on the results of research and discussion as well as the analysis carried out on "Diversification of Upland Variety and Symbolic Meanings in the Millennium Era" in broad outline that: 1) Diversification of ornamental fields dominantly can be seen from a) source of ideas for the creation of motives, b) colors and, c) pattern of making motives. The source of the idea of creation refers to the shape of the flora and fauna of the surrounding environment and geometric forms. The application of color to the Tegalan ornament is dominated by the application of bright, old and dark colors with various colors such as brown, blue, red, gray, black and white. The compilation of motifs, is done through stylization of shapes, repetitions (repeat) forms and geometric division of fields to get a regular arrangement. The Tegalan ornament is attached to the form of batik cloth as a medium in its application both in the form of batik and stamped batik. 2) The symbolic meaning that is present in the Tegalan ornament reflects local wisdom which includes the history, attitudes, behavior and characteristics of the people of Tegal city. Each name giving motif and the application of its colors give a certain meaning and philosophy to the people of Tegal city.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Moh. Fathurohman AU - Suhardi AU - Noto Suharto PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - Tegalan Decorative Diversification and The Symbolic Meaning In The Millennial Era BT - International Conference Primary Education Research Pivotal Literature and Research UNNES 2018 (IC PEOPLE UNNES 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpeopleunnes-18.2019.29 ID - Fathurohman2019/02 ER -