An Empirical Study on the Relationship of Fiscal Revenue toWelfare Lottery and Non-tax Revenue Based on Co-integration Theory and Vector Error Correction Model
- Chen Yu, Liu Haiying, Xiang Yi
- Corresponding Author
- Chen Yu
Available Online August 2012.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.68How to use a DOI?
- Welfare Lottery, Non-tax Revenue, Fiscal Revenue, Co-integration, VEC Model
- The research of welfare lottery and non-tax revenue is not the mainstream in the the public economics research, but lottery public welfare funds in the non-tax revenue have exceeded some regular tax revenue. In this paper, based on Co-integration Theory and Vector Error Correction Model, we use the related data from 1987 to 2011 to do some empirical study for the first time. The empirical results show that there is a long-term balanced relationship among the welfare lottery, non-tax revenue and fiscal revenue, furthermore, the former two have a significantly forward effect on the fiscal revenue. During a short period, welfare lottery revenue Granger causes non-tax revenue; non-tax revenue and welfare lottery revenue have a negative effect on the fiscal revenue. Therefore, the government should strengthen the management of non-tax collection and guide the development of the welfare lottery business to fully play their long-term forward effect.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chen Yu AU - Liu Haiying AU - Xiang Yi PY - 2012/08 DA - 2012/08 TI - An Empirical Study on the Relationship of Fiscal Revenue toWelfare Lottery and Non-tax Revenue Based on Co-integration Theory and Vector Error Correction Model BT - Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Public Management (ICPM-2012) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 50 EP - 57 SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.68 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.68 ID - Yu2012/08 ER -