Analysis on unbalance protection of SCB
- Xiao-ping Xiong, Jing-jie Hu, Qiang Fu
- Corresponding Author
- Xiao-ping Xiong
Available Online April 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.49How to use a DOI?
- unbalance protection, safety, SCB, PSCAD
- Shunt capacitor is a main measure to reactive power compensation of power system, which has the advantages of flexibility and economy. In order to guarantee the safety of shunt capacitor, the methods for protecting against over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current and unbalance in circuits according to the different operation modes are used. This paper in detail introduces unbalance protection ways under different connection modes of capacitor group. It is analyzed and calculated that the unbalanced current and voltage with the effects of fault capacitor units, components and fuses on capacitor bank as well through a case of unbalance computation of shunt capacitor banks (SCB) of ungrounded single star with external fuse. It is indicated by PSCAD simulation analysis that the result of theory calculation is the same as the simulation, which provides theory basis of setting the tripping point and alarm point of relay protection.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiao-ping Xiong AU - Jing-jie Hu AU - Qiang Fu PY - 2013/04 DA - 2013/04 TI - Analysis on unbalance protection of SCB BT - 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (ICSEM-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.49 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.49 ID - Xiong2013/04 ER -