The Effect of AS’s Geographic Locations on Internet’s Stability
- Jing-hao Sun, Ding Diao, Ling-jin Huang, Ya-kun Meng
- Corresponding Author
- Jing-hao Sun
Available Online April 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.65How to use a DOI?
- Complex Network, AS’s Geographic Location, Hypergraph, Network Stability, Toughness
- This paper analyzes how the AS's geographic locations and transmission distances affect on Internet's stability. In contrast to the traditional studies focusing on the future AS network which based on nowadays, this paper emphasizes particularly on the change of AS network's performance under the effect of the economic adjusting or the technology innovation to help make adjusting measures and to lead the technological trend. A double-deck network model of geographic hypergraph and AS network is presented to simulate the geographic locations, which is not reflected in traditional models. The simulate results of our model show that Internet’s stability ascends with the increase of transmission distances. However, if AS's geographic locations are random, the transmission distances has no obvious effects on Internet’s stability.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jing-hao Sun AU - Ding Diao AU - Ling-jin Huang AU - Ya-kun Meng PY - 2013/04 DA - 2013/04 TI - The Effect of AS’s Geographic Locations on Internet’s Stability BT - 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (ICSEM-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.65 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.65 ID - Sun2013/04 ER -