Using Fuzzy logic to Adjust Plasma Concentration Based on a Two-compartment Pharmacokinetic Model
- Lei Zhao, Xinling Shi, Yufeng Zhang, Yajie Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Lei Zhao
Available Online April 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.139How to use a DOI?
- fuzzy logic, fuzzy controller, pharmacokinetic model, parameter adaption
- In this paper, a closed-loop control system was developed using fuzzy logic to adapt the parameters of a pharmacokinetic (PK) model. The system is based on a two-compartment PK model with first-order rate process of oral administration. The fuzzy logic adaptation scheme uses the error and the change in error as the input variables. The output variable of the fuzzy controller is the scaling factor to adjust the PK parameter. The fuzzy controller adjusted the real situation concentration to the reference value derived from the parameters of population mean data according to the established rule-base. The simulation results show that the controller provides good performance to adjust the concentration with the reference values.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lei Zhao AU - Xinling Shi AU - Yufeng Zhang AU - Yajie Liu PY - 2013/04 DA - 2013/04 TI - Using Fuzzy logic to Adjust Plasma Concentration Based on a Two-compartment Pharmacokinetic Model BT - 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (ICSEM-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.139 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.139 ID - Zhao2013/04 ER -