Optimal MLAT Tracking Based on Improved Simulation for Airport Surveillance
- Yu Lu, Donglin He, Hui Yao
- Corresponding Author
- Yu Lu
Available Online April 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.204How to use a DOI?
- MLAT (Multilateration), GDOP (Geometric Dilution of Precision), TDOA (Time Difference of Arrival), Surveillance, Airport
- MLAT (Multilateration) is becoming one of the leading techniques in the airport surveillance. It locates the positions of aircrafts by the TDOAs (Time Difference of Arrivals) of signal from the aircraft to the different remote stations. In views of the influence from the geometric relation and the clock error among different stations, an improved simulation is proposed to estimate the measurement error for the optimal tracking. The model of simulation takes both the GDOP (Geometric Dilution of Precision) and TOA (Time of Arrival) error into consideration. Experiment results show that compared with the traditional simulation method, the improved simulation is more accurate and is able to be used in the practical application.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yu Lu AU - Donglin He AU - Hui Yao PY - 2013/04 DA - 2013/04 TI - Optimal MLAT Tracking Based on Improved Simulation for Airport Surveillance BT - 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (ICSEM-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.204 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.204 ID - Lu2013/04 ER -