Probabilistic Transmitting-based Data Aggregation Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks
- Jianghong Guo, Yudong Luo
- Corresponding Author
- Jianghong Guo
Available Online April 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.205How to use a DOI?
- sensor network, data aggregation, probabilistic transmitting
- For reducing the communication overhead of data aggregation, authors proposed a probabilistic transmitting-based data aggregation scheme for wireless sensor network. Due to limited number of nodes in the cluster and aggregation error is unavoidable; nodes adopt the probabilistic transmitting to lower the communication overhead with tolerable error. In order to prevent the influence of big noise, Dixon criterion was adopted to eliminate the gross error in the small sample. Experiment shows the proposed scheme reduces the inner-cluster transmissions and lowers the communication overhead effectively with tolerable error. The aggregation error of probabilistic transmitting and all nodes transmitting are at the same level and both are acceptable for wireless sensor networks.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jianghong Guo AU - Yudong Luo PY - 2013/04 DA - 2013/04 TI - Probabilistic Transmitting-based Data Aggregation Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks BT - 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (ICSEM-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.205 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.205 ID - Guo2013/04 ER -