PWIG - Interactive Paradigm of Direct Touch Interaction
- Feng Wang, Qi Fan, Hui Deng, Jibin Yin
- Corresponding Author
- Feng Wang
Available Online April 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.207How to use a DOI?
- Human-computer interaction, Post-WIMP, PWIG paradigm, usability evaluation.
- The direct touch interaction is considered as an important part of natural human-computer interaction and has become one of the hotspots in recent years. However, current touch interactive designs still rely on traditional WIMP paradigm seriously. To prompt and develop a dedicated user interface for direct touch interaction, in this paper, we explore the interactive features of the touch user interface through statistical analysis method. We classify and summary on the components of user interface from three current mainstream mobile platforms, further abstract the components for touch operation paradigm and finally propose an interactive paradigm based on the Post-WIMP environment: PWIG (Page/Frame, Widget, Icon/Button and Gesture) paradigm. After the evaluation of PWIG paradigm, we think PWIG paradigm is more suitable for direct touch interaction and should guide the design of the natural user interface for direct touch systems.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Feng Wang AU - Qi Fan AU - Hui Deng AU - Jibin Yin PY - 2013/04 DA - 2013/04 TI - PWIG - Interactive Paradigm of Direct Touch Interaction BT - 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (ICSEM-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.207 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.207 ID - Wang2013/04 ER -