Real-Time 3D Hand Tracking from Depth Images
- Lin Song, Ruimin Hu, Yulian Xiao, Liyu Gong
- Corresponding Author
- Lin Song
Available Online April 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.238How to use a DOI?
- Hand Tracking, 3D Image Processing, Depth Images, Kinect, Depth Image Segmentation
- In this paper, we propose a depth image based real-time 3D hand tracking method. Our method is based on the fact that human hand is an end point of human body. Therefore, we locate human hand by finding the end point from a predicted position of hand based on the hand position of the previous frame. We iteratively grow a region around the predicted position. The end point on the major axis of the region which stops moving with region growing is selected as the final position of human hand. Experiments on Microsoft Kinect for Xbox captured sequences show the effectiveness and efficiency of our proposed method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lin Song AU - Ruimin Hu AU - Yulian Xiao AU - Liyu Gong PY - 2013/04 DA - 2013/04 TI - Real-Time 3D Hand Tracking from Depth Images BT - 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (ICSEM-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.238 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.238 ID - Song2013/04 ER -