Guidance And Counseling Services For Women Victims Of Domestic Violence
- Afdal Afdal, Alizamar Alizamar, Ifdil Ifdil, Erlamsyah Erlamsyah, Taufik Taufik
- Corresponding Author
- Afdal Afdal
Available Online September 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icset-17.2017.151How to use a DOI?
- Domestic Violence, guidance and counseling services
- Domestic Violence (DV) is defined as every act against a person, especially a woman, resulting in physical, sexual, psychological, or neglectful misery or suffering. In addition to alleviating problems through legal channels, other things that can be done is through guidance and counseling services. This research is a preliminary research in order to find the model of settlement of cases of domestic violence. The research method used is quantitative. The sample in this study was 63 women victims of violence. Data were collected through Indonesian Domestic Violence for Woman questionnaire. Data were analyzed descriptively to obtain a description of domestic violence experienced by women. Further data are analyzed with independent sample t test to see the difference of violence which is natural for woman based on marriage age. The results of the study showed that (1) the most frequent violence experienced by women was psychic violence, (2) there was a significant difference in violence experienced by women victims of domestic violence where the average of violence experienced by women with low marriage age (under 10 years) High compared with higher marriage age (above 10 years). Further discussed counseling and guidance services to help women victims of domestic violence.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Afdal Afdal AU - Alizamar Alizamar AU - Ifdil Ifdil AU - Erlamsyah Erlamsyah AU - Taufik Taufik PY - 2017/09 DA - 2017/09 TI - Guidance And Counseling Services For Women Victims Of Domestic Violence BT - 9th International Conference for Science Educators and Teachers (ICSET 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icset-17.2017.151 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icset-17.2017.151 ID - Afdal2017/09 ER -