Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Social Sciences (ICSS 2018)

The Development of Small and Medium Industries in Jember Regency

Authors
Budi Hariono, Rizza Wijaya, Mokhamad Fatoni Kurnianto, Saiful Anwar, Bambang Herry Purnomo, Nanang Dwi Wahyono
Corresponding Author
Budi Hariono
Available Online October 2018.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/icss-18.2018.253How to use a DOI?
Keywords
Jember District, Small and Medium Industries (IKM), and Priority Industry.
Abstract

Jember Regency is one of the economic centers located in East Java. As it is proved that Small and Medium Industries (IKM) grows in this region significantly. The management of the IKM is considered low as it makes the coordination and development of the economy itself difficult. The identification result showed that the sub-district which become the centers of IKM in Jember Regency were Kaliwates, Sumbersari and Patrang. In those regions, the number of SMIs reaches 40.24% or around 101 units, while the remaining 59.76% are spread in other districts. Most of SMIs in Jember are in the category of Processing Industry (94%). The groups of Priority industry in Jember Regency are Rice Milling Industry and Rice Polishing, Bread and Bakery Product Industry, Wooded Building Material Industry, Drinking Water and Mineral Water Industry, and Processed Food Industry.

Copyright
© 2018, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).

Download article (PDF)

Volume Title
Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Social Sciences (ICSS 2018)
Series
Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research
Publication Date
October 2018
ISBN
978-94-6252-588-7
ISSN
2352-5398
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/icss-18.2018.253How to use a DOI?
Copyright
© 2018, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Budi Hariono
AU  - Rizza Wijaya
AU  - Mokhamad Fatoni Kurnianto
AU  - Saiful Anwar
AU  - Bambang Herry Purnomo
AU  - Nanang Dwi Wahyono
PY  - 2018/10
DA  - 2018/10
TI  - The Development of Small and Medium Industries in Jember Regency
BT  - Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Social Sciences (ICSS 2018)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 1205
EP  - 1208
SN  - 2352-5398
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/icss-18.2018.253
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/icss-18.2018.253
ID  - Hariono2018/10
ER  -