The 2nd International Conference on Social Sciences Education (2nd ICSSE 2020) was held on 24-27 September 2020. Unlike the implementation in 2017, the 2nd ICSSE 2020 was held virtually. This is due to the COVID-19 (Corona Virus) pandemic. The international conference was organized by the Department of Social Sciences Education, Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, Lambung Mangkurat University, Banjarmasin, Indonesia. The theme raised at the international conference was "Promoting Environmental Sustainability through Social Science Perspective". This theme was raised to give attention to cross-disciplinary ecological problems.
Overall, this conference aimed to:
1. Demonstrate various studies in the Social Science perspective through sharing research results and thoughts.
2. Bring up a research plan that pays attention to national aspects in educational praxis in all educational disciplines.
3. Developing a culture of critical thinking, creativity, innovation, and productivity among lecturers and students.
4. Improve the academic atmosphere that is conducive to the development of a culture of sharing and discussion.
5. Dissemination of creative, innovative, and productive ideas in learning innovation to various media and policymakers.
The 2nd ICSSE 2020 intended to provide excitement in the framework of the 62nd Diesnatalis of Lambung Mangkurat University. A series of 2nd ICSSE 2020 events:
1. The General Lecture "Improving the 21st Skills to Provide Millennial Generation".
2. A national book review collaborated with KITLV (Koninklijk Instituut Voor Taal, Landen Volkenkunde).
3. Workshop "Assisting Technology for International Publication".
4. The international conference "Promoting Environmental Sustainability through Social Science Perspective".
5. International book review in collaboration with the University of Indonesia and Obor Publisher.
There were 106 articles submitted at the conferenced, with 80 papers accepted for publication in the conference proceedings. This article is reviewed by content reviewers, language reviewers, and finally, template reviewers. In short, three reviewers have reviewed the papers selected for publication.
Based on careful consideration, the keynote speakers involved in the conference, namely; 1) Prof. Dr. Sutarto Hadi, M.Si., M.Sc., the Rector of Lambung Mangkurat University, 2) Drs. Rudy Resnawan, M.BA as the acting (Plt.) Governor of South Kalimantan Province, 3) Ibnu Sina, S.Pi, M.Si as the mayor of Banjarmasin. Speakers invited by Prof. Dr. Ersis Warmansyah Abbas, M.Pd. from Lambung Mangkurat University, Prof. Associate. Dr. David Reeve from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) Sydney, I Gusti Made Wardana, Ph.D. Gadjah Mada University, and Prof. Ahmad Rozelan bin Yunus, Ph.D. from Universiti Teknikal Malaysia-Malacca.
Finally, on behalf of the Committee, we would like to thank all parties who have participated and supported the 2nd ICSSE 2020, including; Rector of Lambung Mangkurat University, Dean of FKIP Lambung Mangkurat University, honorable keynote speakers and invited speakers, experts who are members of the advisory board, and all participants who have participated in this conference. Our appreciation goes to all committees who have worked hard to make this event a success, from the preparation, the running of the conference until after the implementation. We hope that the 2nd ICSSE 2020 will provide academic reinforcement and input on critical issues that occur in society. We also hope that it will continue to be on the biennial plan of the Department of Social Sciences Education, Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, Lambung Mangkurat University for the advancement of social science education.