Encouraging Renewable Energy Consumption Through Dynamic Pricing
- Italo Brito, Claudio De Farias, Luci Pirmez, Leonardo Ribeiro, Luiz Carmo
- Corresponding Author
- Italo Brito
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-16.2016.8How to use a DOI?
- Smart Grids, Real Time Pricing, Renewable Energy, Network Architecture, Security, Network Performance
- Smart Grids are smart networks of energy transmission and distribution that enable a two-way communication between the consumer and distributor. Smart Grids are important for energy sustainability and environmental preservation avoiding the non-renewable energy consumption since decentralized suppliers are able to supply energy demands through renewable energy. It will be possible to encourage renewable energy consumption using a dynamic pricing adopting different prices to each energy source. Some network and security issues arise with that network communication like if it will be able to calculate the price in a suitable time interval. So a challenge is to analyze the impact of ICT on this operation. We analyzed the impact of a dynamic pricing on consumption changes and energy generation, and the delay time to calculate the price in a clustered network architecture.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Italo Brito AU - Claudio De Farias AU - Luci Pirmez AU - Leonardo Ribeiro AU - Luiz Carmo PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Encouraging Renewable Energy Consumption Through Dynamic Pricing BT - ICT for Sustainability 2016 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-16.2016.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-16.2016.8 ID - Brito2016/08 ER -