The Relationship between Orthodontic Treatment Need and Psychosocial Impact in University of Sumatera Utara Undergraduate Student
- Aditya Rachmawati, Erliera
- Corresponding Author
- Aditya Rachmawati
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.1How to use a DOI?
- Orthodontics treatment need, psychosocial impact, IOTN-DHC, PIDAQ
- Teeth and mouth are a lifetime health investments for human. Various disease and anomaly of the teeth and mouth may impair the function of oral cavity; one of them is malocclusion, anomaly of the alignment of the teeth. Teeth in good position relative to the arch not only support the health of oral cavity, but also act as prerequisite for an attractive smile, ultimately improve the self-confidence and attractiveness of the individual. This research was done to evaluate the association between orthodontic treatment need and psychosocial status of the undergraduate students of University of Sumatera Utara (USU). The research was analytical in cross-sectional design. The result showed that the majority of samples were female (n=74, 37%), the largest number of samples was in medium psychosocial status (PIDAQ score 30.7-61.3) (n=93, 46.5%), and based on chi- square test, there was a significant association between orthodontic treatment need and psychosocial status of the students of USU (p=0,000).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Aditya Rachmawati AU - Erliera PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - The Relationship between Orthodontic Treatment Need and Psychosocial Impact in University of Sumatera Utara Undergraduate Student BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.1 ID - Rachmawati2018/02 ER -