The Relationship of Dental Perception and Orthodontic Treatment Need Based on Dental Aesthetic Index of SMA Negeri 15 Medan Student
- Agnese Putri Pratiwi, Mimi Marina Lubis
- Corresponding Author
- Agnese Putri Pratiwi
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.2How to use a DOI?
- Dental perception, dental aesthetic index, orthodontic treatment
- Malocclusion is a form of occlusion that is irrelevant to the acceptable normal standard form of occlusion. Dental Aesthetic Index (DAI) is a malocclusion index that has been accepted and used by WHO as a simple and valid method. The purpose of this study is to determine the relationship of dental perception and orthodontic treatment need based on DAI in SMA Negeri 15 Medan students. This is a descriptive analytic study with cross sectional approach with 100 subjects meeting the criteria of inclusion and exclusion. The dental perception is examined by using a questionnaire and the orthodontic treatment need is obtained by analyzing study models. The result showed that 29 % of sample and bad perception and 71 % had good perception. The distribution of orthodontic treatment need based on DAI is 55 % with no/slight treatment need, 27 % with elective treatment need, 9 % with highly desirable treatment need and 9 % with mandatory treatment need. It is concluded that there is a significant relationship between dental perception and orthodontic treatment need based on DAI.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Agnese Putri Pratiwi AU - Mimi Marina Lubis PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - The Relationship of Dental Perception and Orthodontic Treatment Need Based on Dental Aesthetic Index of SMA Negeri 15 Medan Student BT - International Dental Conference of Sumatera Utara 2017 (IDCSU 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/idcsu-17.2018.2 ID - PutriPratiwi2018/02 ER -